Click Logo to go to the MaltaWildPlants.com Index MaltaWildplants.com
Comprehensive database of the Wild plants of Malta

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Viewing Posts for members only

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaltaWildplants.com Forum Index -> News + Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MWP admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Viewing Posts for members only

2 hot topics in this forum are now set for members only (experimental phase). Who does not have the 30sec time to register then I feel it is not fair the manner of " take only and give nothing". The "give" is non-obliged participation and I do not think it is too much

Also there is the habit that guests (probably renowned people in the botanical area and dont want to show their S off) that instead of posting questions in the forum they send email directly to 'prominent' members in the member list - totally unaceptable - one have to be a bit modest in life. Note that one can stay anonymous by choosing a random nick (eg Aries instead of Dr. Stephen Mifsud) when registering.

From how I see thingsgoing, the profiles could also have the same faith, that is they become password protected for forum members only! Statistics: 2000 pic downloads every week from the site. If I find no contribution from the Goverment (though its promising) or private sector (Depends on luck) this is what exactly what will happen. I am no scape goat for xxx thesis students, presentation makers, etc, who probably 1) do not even refer the site in their references, and 2) do not even contact you to request or say thank you.

{Comments} {Donation} {Recommendations}
Sdravko
Veteran member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject:

wow, 2000 pics per week. Your side really is useful to many people.
At my university you can get into lots of trouble if you do not mention the source of your pics. At least you get some nasty comments from some lecturers.
MWP admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject:

That what the webanaliser says. Note that when I said "download pics" it actually means seen the pic on their PC, not actually used it for their projects, but technically speaing it is downloaded on their PC.

Yes, and maybe I get some time to investigaet some thesis in Malta over the last 3 years or so!

{Comments} {Donation} {Recommendations}
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaltaWildplants.com Forum Index -> News + Announcements All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: