Experts please...

Requests about identification of wild plants in Malta and Gozo. (Please include precise details and pictures to help the experts in their ID process)

Moderators: MWP admin, IL-PINE, AlanOuten

chea
Premium Member

Experts please...

Post by chea » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:31 pm

...tell me, if this is Reichardia intermedia or something else. Found in a street of Qala on 14th September 2014.
Thanks
Monika
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

IL-PINE
Premium Member

Post by IL-PINE » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:31 pm

I call every Reichardia I see in Malta: Reichardia picroides. I have no idea how to identify intermedia from picroides, even though many authors described both as occurring. In Malta picroides is very common everywhere and I mean everywhere!

chea
Premium Member

Post by chea » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:07 pm

Thank you il-Pine. I checked MWP and could not find any difference between intermedia and picroides. So, I do it like you and call it picroides.

MWP admin
Site Admin

Post by MWP admin » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:38 pm

If the involucral bracts are 4mm long and 2 mm wide with a transparent margin not more than half a mm, it is R. picroides while if the bracts are more than 4mm and 2mm respectivelyand the margin up about 1 mm membranous, than its R. intermedia. From the little I see in the 3rd pic, I think its R. picroides
Stephen Mifsud
Administrator

{Comments} {Donation} {Recommendations}