No Comments - MWP 08 (Klaustrofobiak)

Post your favourite pics with a hidden message between the pixels or that are somewhat special.

Moderators: MWP admin, IL-PINE

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MWP admin
Site Admin

No Comments - MWP 08 (Klaustrofobiak)

Post by MWP admin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:37 pm

I have the power to transform myself into a lizard :P

The images do not really show the depth, but there are some nice 10m below the photoshot and the camera-flash makes it look brighter. I am quite sure that no man stepped in some of the pics shown here.

The borehole-like shaft is interesting, it seems to be dug by hand and holds the mystery of why inside a 'cave' ? why so far from a human path and why in an unaccessible place?
Attachments
Claustophobia5.jpg
40cm wide, just slim enough
Claustophobia5.jpg (120.58 KiB) Viewed 2568 times
Claustophobia4.jpg
Light of hope
Claustophobia4.jpg (109.07 KiB) Viewed 2568 times
Claustophobia3.jpg
Which way to go?
Claustophobia3.jpg (122.63 KiB) Viewed 2568 times
Claustophobia2.jpg
Don't know what this shaft was doing below scree and rock. Estimated to be 15m deep, and it was not lighted with the flash - instead it looked like the black hole. Scary
Claustophobia2.jpg (141.35 KiB) Viewed 2568 times
Claustophobia1.jpg
Deep down through a shaft
Claustophobia1.jpg (129.05 KiB) Viewed 2568 times
Claustophobia6.jpg
At least rewarded - <i>Phyllitis sagittatum</i> (stated as extinct in the National Red Data Book)
Claustophobia6.jpg (68.3 KiB) Viewed 2561 times
Last edited by MWP admin on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stephen Mifsud
Administrator

{Comments} {Donation} {Recommendations}

robcar
Veteran member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by robcar » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:23 pm

You are becoming very good to be resurrecting extinct species! I wouldn't be that surprised if you were to come across a living dodo, a T-rex or even the yeti. Joking apart, you must be working hard and doing a lot of exploration to come across such rare plants including something like this which has long been presumed extinct.

MWP admin
Site Admin

Post by MWP admin » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:37 am

To say all truth, it was first rediscovered by Sdravko in 2008.

Yes, hardwork, no money, no recognition, no fame (just a bit of a bit here perhaps :-D ). As a parent, you know what I mean Robcar...
Last edited by MWP admin on Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stephen Mifsud
Administrator

IL-PINE
Premium Member

Post by IL-PINE » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:33 pm

I'm impressed! Yet that's why you are our king :)

MWP admin
Site Admin

Post by MWP admin » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:08 pm

Thanks, actually I am more impressed by the borehole or shaft or whatever that was rather the ferns. If one can tell when boreholes started to be du in Malta (I think as recent as the English?!) than one can put the argument that the collapse took place after that time. Any historian here :-) :?:
Stephen Mifsud
Administrator

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable