Click Logo to go to the MaltaWildPlants.com Index MaltaWildplants.com
Comprehensive database of the Wild plants of Malta

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A FLORISTIC SURVEY ON TAC-CAWL AND TAL-HALFA ROCKS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaltaWildplants.com Forum Index -> MaltaWildPlants.com Bulletins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MWP admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:06 am    Post subject: A FLORISTIC SURVEY ON TAC-CAWL AND TAL-HALFA ROCKS

A FLORISTIC SURVEY ON THE GOZITAN ISLETS OF TAC-CAWL AND TAL-HALFA IN THE MALTESE ISLANDS

Author:
Stephen Mifsud (email: info@maltawildplants.com)

Abstract
A floristic survey was carried out on the islets of tal-Halfa and tac-Cawl, situated off the southern coast of Gozo, to verify the results of a recently published paper where it was concluded that a number of species from these sites are now extinct or were doubtful in a preceding work by a group of scientists in year 2000. This paper confirms the occurrence of most of the species found in the 2000 surveys and additionally reports a significant number of new records of vascular plants including some that are legally protected, listed in the national red data book or considered rare. Taxonomical notes on a few interesting plants are also provided.

Keywords
Flora, tac-Cawl, tal-Halfa, Islets, Maltese Islands

Version

Full article and other related data:
www.MaltaWildPlants.com/publ/index.php#W01

Click the link above to read the article. Feel free to comment, criticize, add more info, or suggest corrections about the is article in this forum here.
Thanks

{Comments} {Donation} {Recommendations}
greeny

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject:

Congratulations for this report - it was very interesting to read that there are rare species on these small rocks. As you pointed out, these might be the only very few sites without any alien species!

If you go again on these islets, I would like to come with you - just for the feeling of being on them!

You are doing great efforts for the Maltese environment, but I assume very few understand the efforts you have to undergo, given that you do these in your free time.

Keep it up Steve
IL-PINE
Premium Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject:

wow prosit!
so you swam to the islets? with the camera and notebook

keep it up!
at least a detailed survey of the flora of these rocks was finally written !
MWP admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:23 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the comments.

It's boring (and probably expensive) to go by boat and it is not that far to swim it. In the methods & material I explained the method used to carry things along

Greeny, I have become a solitary explorer now, I focus better when I am alone

{Comments} {Donation} {Recommendations}
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaltaWildplants.com Forum Index -> MaltaWildPlants.com Bulletins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: