Click Logo to go to the MaltaWildPlants.com Index MaltaWildplants.com
Comprehensive database of the Wild plants of Malta

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Species on the forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaltaWildplants.com Forum Index -> New information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IL-PINE
Premium Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Species on the forum

On looking at the various articles posted on the site I have realised that we have posted on over 150 species of plants. Thus, I decided to group them into a sort of index. This is in the form of an excel. The family, species name and the article where the species is mentioned are placed in separate columns. I have only placed species whose photographs we posted. Thus, this can aid us more in our identification.

See ya
Owen

Plants on site.xls
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Plants on site.xls
 Filesize:  742 KB
 Downloaded:  2146 Time(s)

jackpot
Botanical Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject:

Very very good job, il-Pine, very helpful!
(btw I received your message today - therefore, to late for a meeting!). Hope to meet you next time.
MWP admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: WELL DONE - 'XL'ENT JOB

Well Done Pine, you really did a good job. I must add that to simplify things, one can type the species name (taken from pine's list) in the search page of the forum, and the posts with that species will be nicely listed for you - so that you will be only one link-click away from the relevant post.

Also a big thanks to those who like the forum and submit new topic, replies help and identification support. This attitude will help to keep this free forum running on. (Well for me is not free because I have to pay for the service. )

I hope the website and the forum will resist for some more time, because the attitude of central authorities, and sponsorships is disappointing. I must say that for me it is ridiculous that big companies sponsor fruitless ceremonies, parties and activities for stupid things, and then they dont give much for several environmental and educational enterpreneurs and initiatives brought up by the Maltese who spare their free time on such things rather than doing other lesiure. For example a soft drink company in Malta have sponsored some Lmx00 for a private disco party a friend of mine organised last Summer!

Anyway, I want to end this post by giving a big thanks to pine for this list which should taken him lots of time. Big Thanks my friend.

{Comments} {Donation} {Recommendations}

Last edited by MWP admin on Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
IL-PINE
Premium Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject:

It's my pleasure! Actually I realised how many posts I did not even see! And some quizes I still cannot guess till this day!

Well, don't worry Jackpot, we will meet at some later date - I admit I was quite busy this week. Well you're invited always to our dear island!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaltaWildplants.com Forum Index -> New information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: