Pseudoscorpionida sp.

Posts and messages about the insects, spiders, caterpillars, worms, larvae etc..

Moderators: MWP admin, IL-PINE, AlanOuten

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Vladimir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Pseudoscorpionida sp.

Post by Vladimir » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:06 pm

1,2. Marsalforn

--
--

MWP admin
Site Admin

Post by MWP admin » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:04 pm

Can you explain a bit more....

Are pic 1 and 2 the same species and 3 another species?
In pic 2, are there many (3-4 individuals) around the fly?

PS: I am really impressed by this post - do you have a magnet for such insects!
Stephen Mifsud
Administrator

{Comments} {Donation} {Recommendations}

Vladimir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Vladimir » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:17 pm

It is possible that the photos are 3 different types of scorpion, I just do not know, These are not all I've seen, it is possible that in Malta there are many more types of scorpions that use flies to move long distances by holding on their legs, it is an interesting fly.Its hind legs are bent , it seems that they hold the legs so as not to disturb the aerodynamics ... it is possible that certain kinds of scorpion use only certain species of insects for their movements.. (This is not my objective, the first time I have seen this scorpion is in Malta, so I can only assume that it is so.)

+1 Marsalforn

MWP admin
Site Admin

Post by MWP admin » Sun May 01, 2011 7:19 am

[quote="Vladimir"]...more types of scorpions that use flies to move long distances by holding on their legs, it is an interesting fly....[quote]

:shock:

Incredible and Amazing...
Stephen Mifsud
Administrator

{Comments} {Donation} {Recommendations}