'Grren H' beetle

Posts and messages about the insects, spiders, caterpillars, worms, larvae etc..

Moderators: MWP admin, IL-PINE, AlanOuten

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MWP admin
Site Admin

'Grren H' beetle

Post by MWP admin » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:55 pm

Would like to know what species this curious beetle is!
Attachments
H-Beetle.jpg
H-Beetle.jpg (65.68 KiB) Viewed 8482 times
Stephen Mifsud
Administrator

{Comments} {Donation} {Recommendations}

xilpa
Veteran member

Post by xilpa » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:43 pm

Hi Stephen
Have been told it is a Chrysomelidae and from the Cassida species.Never came across one myself.
Have look here http://www.biopix.com/family.asp?catego ... ysomelidae

MWP admin
Site Admin

Post by MWP admin » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:01 am

Yes Xilpa, you were on the good track re Cassida sp. as in fact I think it was Cassida vittata and I was going soon to put it on the fauna page which is going an update related to info given.

What particular group of insects you are really fond of?
Stephen Mifsud
Administrator

{Comments} {Donation} {Recommendations}

xilpa
Veteran member

Post by xilpa » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:34 am

Hi Stephen
I think you are right it does look like Cassid vittata, but I am only a self-taught amateur, so take that with a pinch of salt,
My favourites are draonflies and butterflies.
I do have images of insects which are not represented on your fauna page, and since you are going to update this you might want to include some of these as well. If you agree we can meet and you could select the ones you want.
Regards
Albert

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable