Forum dedicated to Ornamental plants, such as those found in Public gardens, houses, terraces, etc. Also include cultivated species such as those for agriculture or any other commercial use
Moderators: MWP admin, IL-PINE
- Site Admin
- Posts: 3140
- Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:23 am
- Location: Malta
Are these just cultivated, imported poaceae or they can be found naturalized in the wild?
The plant was some 2-3m high
- CLose up of plume
- LargeFeathers2.JPG (394.58 KiB) Viewed 4285 times
- LargeFeathers.JPG (449.42 KiB) Viewed 4285 times
- Premium Member
- Posts: 838
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:07 pm
Think it's called "pampas grass" and very definitely non native.
I have a clump of this, in summer it appreciates a little bit of water or else it goes a bit ugly, like mine did.
- Veteran member
- Posts: 303
- Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:28 pm
- Location: Marburg/ Germany
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:18 pm
It's an invasive species !