Food and Fodder Plants of Malta

Forum dedicated to Ornamental plants, such as those found in Public gardens, houses, terraces, etc. Also include cultivated species such as those for agriculture or any other commercial use

Moderators: MWP admin, IL-PINE

jackpot
Botanical Expert

Food and Fodder Plants of Malta

Post by jackpot » Wed May 02, 2012 8:52 pm

Hello, looks like that this nice forum became a sleepy period like in the fairy tail 'sleeping beauty'!
Hope that this message is able to awake my Maltese friends with a news: I found in an announcement that our friend Hans Christian Weber wrote another book about Maltese Plants, which should be available in about 2 or 3 months as an ebook or in an expansive printed version some weeks later. In the main chapter descriptions there are 150 species introduced with about 600 pictures.
Have a look at
http://www.sapub.org/book/978-0-9838996-1-7.html

Greetings to all of you!

MWP admin
Site Admin

Post by MWP admin » Tue May 08, 2012 7:57 pm

Thanks for your announcment. It should be another hit for the vegetation of the Maltese Islands. I think everyone has become an expert on plants and so no more questions are asked on this forum else an ocassional advert

Greetings from drying Malta
Stephen Mifsud
Administrator

{Comments} {Donation} {Recommendations}

robcar
Veteran member

Post by robcar » Fri May 11, 2012 11:54 am

Hi jackpot, MWP and anybody around

Congatulations to HC Weber for the new book about Maltese foodplants which will allow us to eat our wild plants more safely when we get hungry in the countryside.

MWP I think its not that everyone has become an expert. I think that it is more a case that everyone has taken early retirement!

At least in my case, rather than becoming an expert I have forgotten the little that I knew - in our last school fielwork session I had to CONSTANTLY refer to HC Weber's guide to identify VERY common plants that I would have identified from a mile away a few years ago! :( :(

MWP admin
Site Admin

Post by MWP admin » Sat May 12, 2012 7:15 am

Yes, things have changed in the last 6 years! I (and il-Pine) still have plenty of interest in Flora, but things might also change drastically for me. I think my energy and dedication for this country are in vain, so maybe its time to elongate my neck and look what lies away from our shores has to offer.
Stephen Mifsud
Administrator

{Comments} {Donation} {Recommendations}

IL-PINE
Premium Member

Post by IL-PINE » Tue May 15, 2012 5:40 pm

the problems is time! sorting time for plants between, work, family, and commitments is problematic!

Once again a big thanks for Profs Weber's time and investment in our flora!