Dumping of cement / gypsum in a valley

Write here your own ideas and practical suggestions of how to improve the Maltese Environment.

Moderators: MWP admin, IL-PINE

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MWP admin
Site Admin

Dumping of cement / gypsum in a valley

Post by MWP admin » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:18 pm

Dumping of cement / gypsum in a valley making extensive damage to the local flora (and fauna). Had been going on for ages without being ever reported or noticed. Incredible!

To put salt into the wound, there is a nearby (100m down) damn from which water is pumped for irrigation.

Read the attached pdf for more details
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stephen Mifsud
Administrator

{Comments} {Donation} {Recommendations}

MWP admin
Site Admin

Post by MWP admin » Wed May 16, 2007 9:16 am

I have the pleasure to inform you that Mepa took action about this case. I will tell you more (if I manage to get more info!) I was informed about this by an email.

They should give the site a small % of the sue!
Stephen Mifsud
Administrator

{Comments} {Donation} {Recommendations}

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable