Malta- a botanical pearl in the Mediterranean Sea!?

Write here your own ideas and practical suggestions of how to improve the Maltese Environment.

Moderators: MWP admin, IL-PINE

jackpot
Botanical Expert

Malta- a botanical pearl in the Mediterranean Sea!?

Post by jackpot » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:58 pm

Sometimes I doubt that I love Malta...
:cry: Just a few steps away from Delphinium, Adonis, and some other pretty rare things... (June 2006)!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sandra

Post by sandra » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:32 pm

Im afraid that this is nothing new to us Maltese nature lovers :cry: . Ive got countless similar photos taken all over the island and also Gozo. Plenty to use when teaching pupils on environmental impact!

MWP admin
Site Admin

Same boat

Post by MWP admin » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:49 pm

We are in the same boat Jackpot. I am also loosing my love slowly.

I have travelled 1100km with the Malin's parents car from Jackobstad (west Finland) to Savonlinna (East Finland) and back. All the roads are lined with wild forests and grassland. Believe it or not, there is not even a SINGLE waste or dump as seen in your photos. Along the roads and highways there are water ditches, which are ideal for dumping directly from the car, but still nothing insane like that.

And I must add how nice it is to listen the various melodies of countless bird in the background (except the seagulls which have a nasty shout).

Thanks for posting Jackpot
Stephen Mifsud
Administrator

{Comments} {Donation} {Recommendations}

wolf
Veteran member

Post by wolf » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:18 pm

have to agree with all of you guys and lady - this place is fast becoming a hellhole - I wonder what we will pass on to future generations - certainly 2% more built up area very soon plus a couple of derelict and abandoned golf courses after that....

so very sad

wolf

MWP admin
Site Admin

Post by MWP admin » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:28 pm

And what about smart city wolf, probably they take some more land to accomodate some high ranked villas.

And people in this city would need larger streets, and if they are going to accomodate mostly saudi's (=arabs), i dont think they have an environmental ideaology so "dump here and there, this is not our country"

Hope it is just pessimism
Stephen Mifsud
Administrator

{Comments} {Donation} {Recommendations}