Some education about Ornamentals please

Some fun for the hard working botanists and green fingered. A sort of posting Quiz and educative posts. N-Joi...

Moderators: MWP admin, IL-PINE

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MWP admin
Site Admin

Some education about Ornamentals please

Post by MWP admin » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:11 pm

Today was my first outing with miranda and thinking about Jackpot, I took some photos of ornamentals which i would like to know their names for my personal curiosity and further education to others.

I hope that Jackpot, or his master HCW, would have the pleasure to write back in regards

Here are the photos
Attachments
OrnaMental_Anchor.jpg
Ornamental C - An anchor
OrnaMental_Anchor.jpg (282.53 KiB) Viewed 11325 times
OrnaMental_Crown.jpg
Ornamental B - A crown
OrnaMental_Crown.jpg (130.53 KiB) Viewed 11325 times
OrnaMental_Succu.jpg
Ornamental A - Succulent like
OrnaMental_Succu.jpg (172.67 KiB) Viewed 11325 times
Stephen Mifsud
Administrator

{Comments} {Donation} {Recommendations}

jackpot
Botanical Expert
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by jackpot » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:51 am

A: Polygonaceae, Homocladium platycladium (from San Anton?)
C: Bignoniaceae, Kigelia africana (=pinnata)- this is the sausage tree you looked for in Romano Romero Gds about 1 year ago (with the 3 retired old men remembering a doc from Germany;-) :lol:
B: just forgot the name, I need a look in my reservoir at the office.
btw: I am at home now, leave in 3 hours for a congress and afterwards vacation, therefore will be absent from the office and the forum for about 2 weeks.

Sdravko
Veteran member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Sdravko » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:09 am

B: Cardiospermum sp. (Sapindaceae). no idea about the sp, there are several cultivated and escaping sp.

MWP admin
Site Admin

Post by MWP admin » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:02 am

Thank you very much gentlemen! I love you all 8)

JP everything from Sant'Anton JP.

Now I have some names to do a bit of research and self-reading about these plants.
Stephen Mifsud
Administrator

jackpot
Botanical Expert

Post by jackpot » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:43 pm

MWP: when I said for B I don´t remember- it was certainly a joke! Don´t you remember the pics of the 2 Cardiospermum quizzes? The last one was the small one- C. halicacabum, the 1st one was this one from you- C. grandiflorum. As far as I found- there are only those 2 species in Malta, and none is cultivated but just introduced like Aster squamatus.

MWP admin
Site Admin

Post by MWP admin » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:34 pm

Thank you Jackpot. The sausage plant has however won the award for most interesting of the three ornamentals here.
Stephen Mifsud
Administrator

jackpot
Botanical Expert

Post by jackpot » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:31 pm

Certainly- and you should have a look in the early morning when the flowers are still really open for the bats (pollinators)- fantastic!! :) We should introduce the suited bats to Malta to get the impressive sausages :D