home needed

This topic covers general and specific questions and requests about the wild flora of malta.

Moderators: MWP admin, IL-PINE

Sdravko
Veteran member

home needed

Post by Sdravko » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:38 am

Hi guys,

i am leaving Malta :cry: for the summer and since i can not afford to keep my room here and rent another one in Germany i have to move out.

now i have two requests:

-can somebody take 2 boxes full of stuff (clothes, books, herbarium specimen) for a few months?

-does somebody know a cheap place i can rent for a few weeks/months in september/october?

i know you are not going to fail me

MWP admin
Site Admin

I can keep you the stuff

Post by MWP admin » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:03 am

I can keep all you stuff in our box room or garage but I think it is difficult to find a cheap accomodation in Malta. (I am not an expert in this sector either) Have you considered camping in the sandy bays, watering Nitrogen-rich material to the wild plants and washing with biodegradable soap in the sea !! (Just kiding of course!)
Stephen Mifsud
Administrator

{Comments} {Donation} {Recommendations}

Sdravko
Veteran member

Post by Sdravko » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:17 am

yes, I have considered that for october, especially if I stay just for a few weeks. Actually, i thought about the Englishwomans tomb at Wied Qirda. Just big enough for my sleeping bag and nobody crazy enough to climb and steal my stuff. :lol:

MWP admin
Site Admin

Post by MWP admin » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:49 pm

Just tell me and I will be happy to help you from what I have. Keeping your things is no problem at all for me.

PS when are you leaving hot, nosiy and dirty Malta ?
Stephen Mifsud
Administrator

{Comments} {Donation} {Recommendations}

Zurrija

Post by Zurrija » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:41 pm

Hi Sdravko,

What is afordable price for you?

2 years ago I rented a cheap place, but it was in Zurrieq, just a very-very big room with almost no furniture. If you want I can talk to a landlady as I don't know if they still rent this place.
Respectfully yours,
Svetlana Vella A.

jackpot
Botanical Expert

Post by jackpot » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:32 am

An affordable price for Sdravko would be to get Lm 50 per month as a royalty to rent a room... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry, Sdravko, just joking, but you understand that it was a MUST for me to react in this way... :wink:

Sdravko
Veteran member

Post by Sdravko » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:35 pm

Hi Zurrija,
Thank you very much. When i know when i will be back in Malta i might contact you.

well Mr jackpot, thats about the royalty i get for honoring the state of Hessen by being one of its officials. But if the appartment you offer is nice and large and in some nica place like Hawaii or Mauritius i might settle for 50L. no need to beg my pardon for that.
By the way did Bernd find the Centaurea acaulis?

Sdravko
Veteran member

Post by Sdravko » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:39 pm

by the way, mr jackpot, whats the matter? if you would pay me more i could afford a normal appartment. So stop joking around.

wolf
Veteran member

Post by wolf » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:24 pm

Sdravko - there are really no cheap places to stay in malta ... why not try to come in a small boat without passport and stay for free at ta kandja or hal-far ?.......

seriuosly - in january I met a Basque/French lady who was staying at Hibernia House Hostel in Sliema - she said long stays worked out very cheap - I do not have contact for this hotel/hostel but it shud be in the phone directory

wolf