Dip agric Graduation Photos

Post your ideas, point of views, comments, etc about any aspect of the Maltese environment

Moderators: MWP admin, Pierre

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MWP admin
Site Admin

Dip agric Graduation Photos

Post by MWP admin » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:35 pm

Temporary Post - Set of photos (zip file) of the graduation ceremony for the Diploma in Agriculture course (30 Nov 2005.)

Click the link below,
Save the zip file on your HD
Open Zip file and view/save the photo files.

Graduation Photo Gallery [14.4Mb]
Stephen Mifsud
Administrator

{Comments} {Donation} {Recommendations}

Ke!tH
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Ke!tH » Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:58 am

Thanks for the photos Steve :lol:

Achilles

Post by Achilles » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:43 pm

Cheers man! :wink:
P.S. I don't want to offend you with my signature :)

MWP admin
Site Admin

I dont like the 'hunt' part

Post by MWP admin » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:13 am

Achilles wrote: Hunt eat mate feed kill repeat, in a sustainable way.
I would say Breed and Propagate instead of hunt! In ancient times, people 'hunted' (=cut down) trees for wood, and now we suffer the consequences that we lost our forrests.

In this era that we are more intelligent and have advanced so much in agritechnology, we should not repeat these mistakes, so as we conserve nature for our next generations.

(Now go and try to explain this to the bird hunters !!! )
Stephen Mifsud
Administrator

Achilles

Post by Achilles » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:12 pm

Hunting is sport as long as it is practised with the sport spirit (I.e. Qouta of turtle doves per person per year). Unfortunately most of Maltese hunters like some Maltese fishermen as not sport but 'Ighna'. That is why nothing remains. To preserve nature one must also condone all those hunters/fishermen in the subject spectra not just some that the person doesn't like.

On the otherhand fishing can be more sport. Why? Because you have more chance of catching and releasing fish. The thrill is in the catch, and thats all. The same goes for some fellow sport anglers like me. I am mentioning fishing as it is a form of hunting afterall too.

MWP admin
Site Admin

Post by MWP admin » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:59 pm

No you did not offend me Achilles, but as the MWP administrator I had to write something about that, :wink:

I am agaisnt mostly excessive bird and animal hunting (frogs, chamaleont, crabs, snails etc), and excessive flower picking of rare speces, fishing as a sport and ocassional meal is well accepted of course!

Bird hunting (the worst thing ever) also means clearing of the garigue land from wild plants, and accupation of nobody's land claiming its theirs and as well protecting it from other passing people with hooks or crooks!

Greetings colleuge
Stephen Mifsud
Administrator

Achilles

Post by Achilles » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:00 pm

I agree with you mate.

Let's not roll off thread now ;)

BTW Keep Up The Good Work

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable