A fantastic day out in a wonderful, quiet and relatively unspoiled area. I finished off by visiting the two old walls ( 1600's I think!) built above the by-pass, as part of the plan to build a wall round Malta( previous to the Victoria Lines). I was given an old "fruit basket" which I was told was used as a measure in olden times ( ??).
I really recommend this area as one of the most tranquil-it is also full of wild birds singing happily too. - I hope this is of interest to someone?
- MelSol 57.jpg (131.43 KiB) Viewed 12876 times
- MelSol 43.jpg (121.53 KiB) Viewed 12876 times
- MelSol 30.jpg (136.96 KiB) Viewed 12876 times
- MelSol 13.jpg (94.1 KiB) Viewed 12876 times
- MelSol 10.jpg (115.58 KiB) Viewed 12876 times
You seem you got lot of things for free - even a basket!
Mellieha is really nice for walks. Pity SantaMaria and the Ghadira sand dune was developped. The Ghadira Nature reserve is also worth visiting